Tuesday 10 December 2013

Call for help

So last week, I was sharing with you the Women with Drive event. So what happens later in the week? 

In an unsurprising turn of events, the car doesn't start and just when I was in a rush to get the boy to daycare!  Doesn't that always happen, when you are in a hurry to get somewhere. 

Now there really was nothing I could do, but to call for help as it wasn't a flat tyre and we didn't have a spare battery lying around.

The automated message on NRMA road service assistance relayed that it would take up to 90 minutes before I would be attended to. No surprise there.


Thankfully, they turn up 15 minutes later. (I did love the text messaging service that alerted me to that fact! Thanks NRMA!) But alas the joy is short lived, as the battery was really on it's last legs. And unfortunately, the battery service has to be requested, which would mean another wait. An hour later, the battery was replaced and we were on our way.

The upside of the morning, the Little Man got to see the what's under the car bonnet and watch the mechanics work - which he thought was simply the best.
What a funny thing about life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment